"SkillSourceUSA is a boutique company that prides itself on its personal service to residential real estate investors and tenants, valuing a hands-on approach to managing the marketing, leasing, and maintenance of institutional single family home portfolios."
With more than 10 years of professional experience, the company provides assistance in accounting, advertising, repairs, and maintenance concerns. Its property management process includes filling vacancies quickly, coordinating routine site visits, preparing units for tenants, and collecting rent payments. SkillSourceUSA has an online portal to resolve maintenance issues faster.
Its team of property management professionals utilizes technology to streamline its real estate transaction process, from conducting thorough tenant screenings to managing different maintenance requests. This involves the use of various software and applications, such as AppFolio, Salesforce, and DocuSign. SkillSourceUSA was established in 2008 and places importance on providing sustainable and low-risk real estate services.
SkillSourceUSA currently manages more than 50,000 homes and over $1 billion in asset value.
- - Work closely with the owner to ensure all available homes are posted on the website with updated features and amenities.
- - Audit all images sent by the field reps before they are posted, to ensure they meet the owners guidelines.
- - We also post available homes on third party websites for maximum exposure.
- - We ensure homes are removed from the website as soon as they are rented/sold.
- - 24/7 live operator standing by to answer leasing calls from prospective renters.
- - Capture data from renters using pin marketing from signs.
- - Cross selling calls to guide renters into other properties for rent.
- - 3D virtual tour availability.
- - Coordinate application process, handling lease agreement and rental payments.
- - Lease negotiations, deposit collection and future renewals .
- - Background and credit checks with final approval from owner.
- - Pet application, damage guarantee deposit.
- - Help with timing of move in and utility change.
- - Turning on and setting up utilities in client's name (power, water, sewer, gas and trash).
- - Turn off utilities once tenants have moved out and make sure all bills are paid.
- - We work with the utility companies to get the names changed and necessary deposits paid.
- - Monitoring of start date, account numbers, closing dates and update to CRM.
- - Handling of billing disputes / adjustments / extensions on behalf of the client.
- - Coordination with local property managers if someone required to be at property.
CONCERIEGE OF TENANTS:
- - 24/7 live operator standing by to assist tenants with their repair needs.
- - 24/7 emergency repairs.
- - Coordinate repairs with approved vendors.
- - Help to find at least 3 approved vendors in the area of the homes (plumbing, electrical, etc).
- - Tenant would let us know the nature of the job and vendor they require for a property.
- - Clear scope of work and repair pricing with owner.
- - Follow up with the tenant and vendor upon completion of repair.
- - Secure invoice and send to owner for payment.
RENT COLLECTION OVERSIGHT & REPORTING:
- - Help secure online payments from tenants.
- - Make sure ALL tenants pay on time each month.
- - Active calling if tenant is late on rent payment.
- - Coordinate 3-day notice posting sent to tenants for late payments and notify owners.
EVICTION PROCESS OVERSIGHT:
- - Coordinate 10-day notice of late payment.
- - Bring in approved attorney to start eviction process.
- - Help in coordinating the eviction process with local property managers.
OTHER TASKS OFFERED FOR OWNERS:
HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION (HOA) MANAGEMENT:
- - Worked closely with the HOA team for one of our clients, where we used to contact the HOAs for different properties.
- - Responsible for collecting financial information in terms of various fees, payment procedure and bank information, and helped the client to update their database.
ACCOUNTING & BOOK KEEPING SERVICES:
- - Accounts receivables - keeping track of this.
- - Accounts payable - making payments to all vendors, etc.
- - Monthly income and expense reports for owners.
ACQUISITIONS (DOCUMENT PROCESSING):
- - Review closing documents for all new acquisitions from Title Company.
- - Audit to ensure correct property purchased with appropriate signatures (buyer & seller).
- - Upload documents for each home on client's CRM (Yardi, StructuredFn, etc).
ONLINE DASHBOARD PORTAL ACCESS FOR OWNERS:
- - Prepared a customized online dashboard for the client.
- - Managed daily/weekly/monthly/yearly stats with updated information, that allowed the client to access reports at a glance.